UK Quality & Compliance Manager
In2tec is a small company but a global leader in Flexible Electronics Solution Design & Manufacture, focused on new technology, particularly sustainable electronics, based in Kettering and with a wholly owned manufacturing facility in Shenzhen, China. The company has an aggressive growth strategy, which is being backed by significant organic investment. Our mission is to protect the world for future generations by inspiring sustainable electronics.
An opportunity has arisen within the operations department for a Quality and Compliance Manager, reporting directly to the Operations Director. The successful candidate will join a small, friendly, and focused team and have the autonomy to work under their own initiative when required. They will need to be well organised, driven and have excellent problem-solving capabilities.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
Quality and assurance
- Lead and manage all customer quality concerns, ensuring:
- Analysis and qualification of any reported quality concerns
- Timely feedback to customers in line with company policy
- Clear action plans on all open concerns with specific action dates and responsible persons, which is communicated to all relevant team members
- Chair a weekly quality status update
- Provide and maintain accurate and clear documentation of all quality concerns in line with company policies and procedures
- Maintain and post KPIs for UK operations
- Maintain and report to the board on all quality concerns, including KPIs and cost evaluation.
- Maintain a production staff capability and training matrix
- Lead / review quality procedures for new projects and ECNs, ensuring we follow company process and minimise the risk of quality concerns
- Complete ISIRs for new and existing projects where necessary
- Manage / conduct audits of key business processes. Report on findings and ensure required actions are completed. Maintain a schedule to ensure all processes are audited on a timely basis.
- Maintain certification and ensure the business remains fully compliant with ISO 9001 & ISO14001 requirements. Lead and manage the ISO9001 & ISO14001 annual audits and ensure any actions are followed up in timely manner.
- Develop the businesses processes in relation to ISO14001 to ensure continual improvement
- Ensure equipment is recorded, maintained and calibrated in line with company policies
- Manage and lead on supplier audits in UK, review audits completed China
- Undertake internal audits and instigate/implement any identified corrective actions
- Ensure the UK business remains compliant at all times with all relevant laws and regulations regarding operations and business practice, and keep sufficient documentation to evidence this. This includes:
- UK Statutory fire regulations, including DSEAR;
- UK Health and Safety regulations, including COSHH; and
- All requirements as stipulated by our insurers.
- Report the business’ compliance status on a quarterly basis to the board, highlighting any compliance breaches, upcoming requirements, areas of concern and areas for improvement.
- Manage and action customer quality and compliance reporting requests
- Management & Review of supplier compliance & auditing i.e., ensure AVL is kept up to date, including relevant supplier certificates (ISO, RoHS, Reach, Conflict materials, etc).
- Organise maintenance and building improvement work to be completed as and when required.
- Responsibility for business and manufacturing waste handling and disposal, as per business requirements and legislation
- Manage security of the premises i.e., actively manage 3rd party security provider and ensure company policies regarding security are adhered to.
- Demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Quality control in an electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Handling Customer Quality Complaints
- Process management & development, including Internal & external audits
- In depth understanding of ISO9001 & ISO14001 and experience in dealing with external audits
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Excellent Communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience in Health & Safety Compliance desirable but not essential
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- The ability to work effectively within a team and individually
- Proactive, hands-on approach
- Contracted hours of work are 08:30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and Friday an early finish at 2:30pm with 30 minutes lunch each day
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Training available as required
- Salary £35k to £45k (DOE)
- Company pension
- Onsite free electric car charging
- Overseas travel possibility
Please send your CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this incredible opportunity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.